5 years and going strong

Hello blog hoppers! I’m excited to once again be participating in the blog hop with Kristy at Runaway Bridal Planner. So welcome and thanks for stopping by! We are supposed to introduce ourselves to the new readers but I did that last time! You can check out me Re-introduction here  or you can just check out my update below….better yet, do both!

So the title of today’s post is 5 years and going strong and that’s because today is my 5 year wedding anniversary. We celebrated 10 years of dating in November and 5 years of marriage today! That’s commitment ya’ll (yep I moved to Fl and now I say ya’ll. I feel like I still need a flannel shirt and cowboy boots but I have neither).

We had a fantastic wedding at Disney’s Wedding Pavilion with the reception at the Grand Floridian. I really recommend that if you are considering a destination wedding that you choose Disney. It was a truly magical day and we are hoping to celebrate our 10 year anniversary back at Disney in 5 years!

I’m happy to have found a fella that I can share life’s adventures with. From running, to triathlon, and now his amazing support of my strength training efforts I couldn’t ask for better! This year has brought about a lot of changes including a huge move to Florida but together we can do anything. Wow, that got ridiculously sappy super fast! Its probably better to say he’s a pain in my ass but I love him anyways and that’s how you know its right! I know I’m a major pain in his butt and he wouldn’t have it any other way! Tonight we are heading to the theatre (our first date was a show) to see Book of Mormon. I can’t wait to see it!

So, thanks for indulging me in a sappy post today but ya know what, it is spotlight day and I’m rolling with it! I’ll be back later this week with your regularly scheduled posting.

Advertisements

60 thoughts on “5 years and going strong

1. Kim Hatting says:

Congrats on your 5 year anniversary (I guess, technically it’s actually a decade LOL). I am envious of your Florida lifestyle…especially after my most recent race in near-ZERO temps with minimal Iowa sunshine…. 😉

2. Josephine says:

happy anniversary! i LOVE your cake, its super cute! and its totally awesome that you and you guy run together, sharing something you love so much -well i love running so much so i assume that everyone who does races loves it too 😉 – is awesome!

3. Chaitali says:

I’m coming over from the blog hop. Congratulations on the 5 years! I love those photos of you guys showing off your medals together 🙂 And Book of Mormon sounds like a great anniversary celebration. I really enjoyed that show.

4. Darlene says:

Happy anniversary.

I love Florida. I have friends that I visit there as often as I can. I just ran the Sarasota Music Half Marathon – I highly recommend.

That is so cool that you are a Certified USAT and RRCA Race Director and that you and your hubby sharing running together.

Book of Mormon is on my to-see list.

myfirst5k.wordpress.com

5. HoHo Runs says:

Hi, I’m stopping in from the hop. While at Disney for the marathon, we stayed at the Grand Floridian (for first time ever) and we saw a couple getting married while we were there. I can imagine your wedding was very magical…as are the Disney races. Look at the those medals around your neck! Which challenge was that? I hope you enjoy your anniversary!

6. Rachael Novello says:

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! Five years is such an exciting milestone! Sending so much happiness your way!

The Disney Half is one of my bucketlist items! I would love to run it before I turn 35 (gives me three years) but I know how hard it is to get into so fingers crossed!

I love that your husband shares your passions, it’s always wonderful when those we love find love in the things we do!

7. MB Jackson says:

Disney has a way of sucking people in! We are practically neighbors! I live in Winter Haven and will be in Tampa this weekend for the Gasparilla run- my daughter and I are running the 5K. Cute pics of you and the hubby, nice that you too can share a passion for fitness!

8. taleof2halfsblog says:

Aww! Happy Anniversary! Your Disney wedding looks awesome. I would have loved to be able to do ours there. I’ve heard great things about the Book of Mormon, looking forward to hearing what you thought!

9. Kathryn @ Dancing to Running says:

Happy Anniversary! I love that you and your husband are huge Disney fans – my husband and I are as well. My first half marathon and his first full marathon were both at Disney (he has the same 20th anniversary medal that you and your husband do). I hope that you and your husband have a fabulous day celebrating, and that you’re able to make that 10th anniversary trip a reality!

10. Montana @ Pretty Lil Mudder says:

Aww happy anniversary! That’s so cool that your anniversary coincides with your spotlight day! And it’s super weird that you live in Tampa and started with Disney Princess- I’m in Tampa and I wanted to start with Disney Princess (that’s what got me interested in running and racing) but I was injured and didn’t make it until this year! I’ll be running it this weekend and I’m so excited about it! It would be amazing to be married there too- maybe I’ll have my wedding in Star Wars world when it opens 😉

11. Sun says:

Happy Anniversary! Five years together is certainly something to celebrate 🙂 Hope you have something special planned for today to mark the occasion!

12. Tricia@MissSippiPiddlin.com says:

I had the amazing pleasure to visit Grand Floridian and it is just gorgeous!!! I am so very jealous you got to get married there! I’m coming to you from Kristy’s hop and I so look forward to getting to know you better! On with your date!! Oh and Happy Anniversary!!!! 🙂

13. Run Away With Me says:

Awww happy anniversary! I didn’t find it sappy at all – I totally get you! My husband and I are coming up on our 10 year anniversary of dating and 3rd year anniversary of being married, so I know exactly how you feel! It was cool getting a chance to check out your wedding pictures, I love that! See you around on the blog hop 🙂