Today’s post is coming a few days early. It was supposed to be a race report on the DIVA St. Augustine race. This is a race series I’ve been wanting to do for a while. We have been planning this girls race weekend for months now.
Then on Thursday at work I started to have a sore throat. That got worse on Friday but I felt fine otherwise. Then on Saturday it hurt to swallow. I went as soon as the Urgent care place opened to see what was going on.
That’s when the dreaded diagnosis came. STREP THROAT! I’ve never had strep throat in my life, which my husband finds amazing. However, the doctor very much said “no half marathon”.
So besides losing out on my super fun girls weekend, I also lost my pre-marathon test race. Since I don’t have a money tree just adding on another race isn’t really possible either.
So how do you handle being forced to stay in bed on what was supposed to be a super active weekend?
- Binge watch Gilmore Girls reruns on Netflix
- Watch X-Men: Days of Future Past The Rogue Cut with your husband
- Christmas shop for gifts online
- Ignore your diet for a day because ice cream makes your throat feel better.
- Don’t dwell on the FOMO of the fun race weekend
Anyone else out there ever been forced to miss their race weekend? How did you handle it?